Cell Values within a Formula

ecvetan

Hello! I am a teacher doing some data sheets for the upcoming school year. I am mainly self-taught and google solutions often, but can't get this to work. (I'm actually in Google Sheets so that admin can get live updates)

Two different things, but wanting the same result:

1. I am doing a query formula and instead of " where C < 33" I would like my formula to reference a cell within my sheet. I have tired "where C< A1)" and "where C< value(A1)" with no luck.

2. Conditional formatting - I am having my cell change color based on the number I enter, but instead of the formatting saying "less than 50" and "greater than 30", I am wanting it to reference cell values once again. I am not sure what the custom formula would look like.

I am wanting to share my spreadsheet with multiple teachers with multiple grading thresholds. They have no excel knowledge to change formulas with their numbers, so I am trying to get a code written that will just have them insert their numbers into an empty cell on the worksheet.

Thank you for your help!

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
I figured out the query: =query('8th Grade Tests'!B3:M32,"select B where L < "&'Set-up'!D7&" and L>="&'Set-up'!D8&"",0) (I didn't have the quotations right). Just still don't know how to solve my conditional formatting problem. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back