cell time counting

Mikeloz2024

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
=IF(D8=TRUE, IF(AND(E8<>"", F8<>""), "In minutes and seconds: " & TEXT(F8-E8, "mm:ss"), "-"), "False")
This is the formula that i cant seem to get going.
I have a check box in d8 and when its True its suppsed to start counting the mins and second and then display in G8. the only thing that shows in G8 is "False" instead of the time it took to make D8 true and false

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
What is in E8 and F8? How is it getting there? The only way to get a return value of "False" is if one of them is blank.

Upvote 0
What is in E8 and F8? How is it getting there? The only way to get a return value of "False" is if one of them is blank.
Screen Shot 2024-09-18 at 4.33.17 PM.png

Thank you for reaching out. as you can see, when I make D8 true, the time and date in F8 removes itself like it should and the date and time stays in the start box E8. H8 now shows that the project is being worked on and stays that way until I make D8 false. whats not happening is, in G8 the time it took to make D8 True and then False does not give me a total time between presses. it only shows a false. Hope that makes sense

Upvote 0
Sorry but I'm not understanding this. In this screenshot, F8 is blank, so your formula will return False. I don't know why you would expect anything different. Also G8 in this screenshot does not show False, it looks blanks.

does not give me a total time between presses
What are you doing that would record the time between presses? You are just showing a picture, so I have no idea how your sheet works. Do you have macros to record date/time when the check box is clicked?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nachohoyu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back