Cell reference when inserting rows?

ljubo_gr

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
Greetings for all!

I have a formula at Sheet2 as ...something(from this beautiful forum)..Sheet1!$A$2...

When I insert 10 rows in Sheet1, formula in Sheet2 changes into ....Sheet1!$A$12..

How to prevent/fix formula to $A$2, how to fixate it to A2

Thank You in advance!!

New Micro Excel Work31-8-24.xlsx

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
you could use OFFSET(Sheet1!A1,1,0) to always refer to Sheet1!A2

Upvote 0
Hi, you could also try like this ....INDEX(Sheet1!$A:$A,2).... which avoids the volatile OFFSET() function.

Upvote 0
Hi, you could also try like this ....INDEX(Sheet1!$A:$A,2).... which avoids the volatile OFFSET() function.
INDEX:INDEX volatile in E2013, INDEX((Sheet1!$A:$A,2) is working, any other combination, NOT WORKING :( eg. INDEX(whole col, COUNTA(whole col))...ROW(whole col)

Upvote 0
See here

Small excerpt.
A small number of Excel functions are "volatile". Volatile functions trigger recalculation on every worksheet change, so they can have a drastic impact on worksheet performance. In workbooks that contain a small amount of data, the performance impact may not be noticeable. But in workbooks with large data sets and lots of formulas, adding a volatile function can make the worksheet feel sluggish. In extreme cases, this can make a spreadsheet almost unusable.

Upvote 0
INDEX:INDEX volatile in E2013
Not in the sense that it re-calculates every time anything in the workbook does. So no real downside other than a "do you want to save" message when you haven't changed anything.

Upvote 0
I have two solution, non-volatile, Excel 2013, they are: USE TABLE FOR DATA RANGE and VBA CODE TO INSERT FORMULA EVERY TIME CODE IS TRIGGERED. I'll go for TABLE, VBA code is a bit complicated eg. R1C1 yadda yadda. After rows insertion TABLE is the same and no cell reference change.

Upvote 0
What's wrong now!!???
Excel Formula:
=SUMPRODUCT((INDEX(Table1[Datum];2))*(ISNUMBER(MATCH(Table1[REZERVOAR];{"S-5";"S-6";"S-7";"S-8";"S-9";"S-12";"S-13";"S-14"};0)))*(Table1[Razlika litara:]))-SUMPRODUCT((Table1[Datum]=$Q$12)*(INDEX(Table1[Datum];ROW(Table1[Datum]))>=12)*(ISNUMBER(MATCH(Table1[REZERVOAR];{"S-5";"S-6";"S-7";"S-8";"S-9";"S-12";"S-13";"S-14"};0)))*(Table1[Razlika litara:]))

"Date and time who are...... " ################ in cell result :( :(

Upvote 0
What's wrong now!!???
This seems to be a completely different question, but my guess would be that the formula is returning a negative number and you can't format negative numbers as date/time.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zxhathust

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back