Cell reference for sheet name in chart data source

bradams

Goal: Create a set of charts on Excel worksheet, copy the worksheet, change the country name, have the charts' data sources update automatically.

I'm fairly confident this can be done. I've tried searching (both here and the broader general) but I keep finding answers about using table names or range names so a chart will update to include any new data. That's not what I am after. I need to create the same set of 10 charts for 10 different countries. I have identically-formatted data sheets for each country (the sheet name is simply the country name). I am trying to avoid having to manually update the data source information 100 times. Instead, I would like to find a way to use a cell reference with the country name. Then I can create a sheet with the charts for the first country, copy that sheet, update the cell to a new country name, and have all the charts update using the new country's data. Possible? I know that you cannot use INDIRECT in the chart data source.

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back