Can't get to my Private Message

KatParks

I sent a PM yesterday to another forum user, and I can see that he's replied, but it won't recognize me to retrieve his reply.

Here are a couple images of the screens I am seeing:

After I click on Unread Private Messages, I get the following screen:

I sign in here and it says welcome back KatParks and that it is redirecting me, but it redirects me back to the log in screen. :(

Hi Kat

Sounds like it could possibly be a corrupted cookie on your system - try clearing out your cookies and temporary internet files and then reopening your browser and try logging in again.

I was able to view the message when I used FireFox instead of Internet "Exploder" Thank goodness I'm in a department where we use Firefox, IE and Chrome, so I could try the other browser. I had cleared out all the cookies and temp files in IE and it still didn't like me... but that's mutual. :D
I will just remember to come here on Firefox or Chrome in the future.

Thank you, since it wouldn't have occurred to me to switch browsers without your reply.
Kat

They didn't say to switch browsers, they said you probably have a corrupt cookie on your computer. If you clear out your cookies and temporary internet files (in Internet Explorer), it will probably work there also. This is a good tip to remember if you experience the same issues trying to log in (I see it happen there a bit too).

Of course, using a different browser like you did would work too, unless the same sort of thing happens on those browsers (I don't think that other browsers are immune from errors and corrupt cookies).

They didn't say to switch browsers, they said you probably have a corrupt cookie on your computer. If you clear out your cookies and temporary internet files (in Internet Explorer), it will probably work there also. This is a good tip to remember if you experience the same issues trying to log in (I see it happen there a bit too).

I realize that they didn't say to switch browsers, but once I cleared out my cookies and temp files in IE, it still didn't work, which then lead me to then try using an alternate browser. :)

What matters to me is being able to access the content in Mr Excel, and if it means using a different browser, then that's okay with me. :)

I realize that they didn't say to switch browsers, but once I cleared out my cookies and temp files in IE, it still didn't work, which then lead me to then try using an alternate browser.
That's odd, that usually does the trick.

I just wanted to make sure that you knew how to do that, in case it happens in your other browsers too (I *believe* that other browsers have the same functionality too).

In any event, we're glad you found a workable solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agata

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back