Can't enter new data in my form

e_loveall

I'm creating a form where Department A will enter their information in one area (top) and Department B will enter their information in another area (bottom) on the same form. I'm a newbie. I followed the Help directions on creating a Form and Subforms off three of my tables. I formatted it, and my test data looks okay.

But, now I can't enter any new information on the form. The Add New Record button is grayed out so I can't use it. Is there some property that needs to be changed? I'm running out of ideas. This is the third time I've created a form to avoid this problem. Nothing is working.

I always appreciate any help you can give me. I have Access 2000.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Update...I played with the form properties and the Recordset Type. However, when I changed it to Dynaset (Inconsistent Updates), I could enter new data, but only certain fields changed. Most of the data in the top portion of my form picked up my initial test data. So the top part has the old data and the bottom part has the new data I entered. Help please.

Upvote 0
Hullo. Shot in the dark here, but...
When you said you have three tables, does that mean that you want Dept A info in table 1, and Dept B info in table 2? If so, there needs to be some way of identifying the records between table 1 and table 2.

HTH (y)

P

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eccymarge

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back