Can we indicate when a post has been succesfully completed?

StuLux

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
It woul dbe really helpful if there was an indicator to show whether the originator of a query was happy with the solution provided on the forum's main page. At present you can see whether anybody has posted an answer to somebody's query but not whether the problem is actually resolved or not.

This is a bug bear on most forums that I visit and often results in trawling through lots of threads only to find that the problem has not been resolved.

I suspect that this is a limitation of the software that runs the forum pages as they all seem so similar these days but I believe it is a valid suggestion to make (I alway try to ensure that I post a final comment to say whether any suggestions to my problems have worked or not but not everybody else seems to do this, which I think is rude).

I think it sounds like a nice idea and what some people tend to do is once they are happy that a problem has been solved is to go back and edit subject line in the first post in the thread and add [SOLVED]

Then at a glance you can see the posts which came to a happy resolution.

~Mark

I also support this. It needs a button, because people won't, or won't remember, otherwise.

If it's simply not in phpBB, post their feedback/suggestions/comment link and I'll vote for it. (Or maybe it IS in there, just in another product version?)

This has been discussed before and I think the general consensus was to not mark threads as solved, be it with a button or manually.

I know it happens on some boards, but I know other boards where the argument is that marking a thread solved interferes with searches.

I'm not quite sure if that's the case here though.:)

Do you mean change the subject of a thread? Just use the edit button on the first post in the thread (assuming you started the thread).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wella86

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back