can only retrieve my last 300 posts

mortgageman

With this new board, I am only able to retrieve the last 300 "threads" to which I have posted. How come?

Hi Gene

I presume that is your subscribed threads count (ie the messages you have posted to following the board upgrade on Dec10th). If you want to view older threads that you posted, you will have to do an Advanced Search and specify yourself as the member (and set other things like dtae posted/forum etc).

Hi Gene

I presume that is your subscribed threads count (ie the messages you have posted to following the board upgrade on Dec10th). If you want to view older threads that you posted, you will have to do an Advanced Search and specify yourself as the member (and set other things like dtae posted/forum etc).

I do an Advanced Search and specify myself as the member. How do you set those "other things" like date posted and forum etc?

In the search options section below where you type the criteria/username. The defaults will find all posts from all forums - sometimes it's useful to tailor this if you know you are looking for a post within the last month and in the Excel questions forum for example.

In the search options section below where you type the criteria/username. The defaults will find all posts from all forums - sometimes it's useful to tailor this if you know you are looking for a post within the last month and in the Excel questions forum for example.

I only want my posts from Mr Excel. I have the date on "all" already.
I'm still only getting the last 300

gene

Why not goto your User CP and click on View all Subscribed Threads?

Gene

You're right - it looks like Search returns a maximum of 300 posts. You'd need to narrow down your search terms (ie by having an idea what the post contained). I didn't know there was this limit.

Norie - as far as I can ascertain, the subscribed threads only apply to posts since the Board changed over.

The limit exists because without it, we could be returning 10,000 posts which would slow down the board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reelspike

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back