Can I make this??????

Gemini32

Board Regular
Hi Folks

I thought that I saw something about the autonumber for the Access mdb
but I've looked all through and no luck maybe one you very nice folks could help me on this.....I trying to create an (autonumber) in a text box without designing a table....Is this possible or is it hopeless......Thanks ahead of time for any assistance that can be given....I'd appreciate very much.....

:D Gemini32 :D

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Sounds hopeless to me :)

You want a text box that automatically finds the next number in... (what if not a field in a table?)

I guess you could have a text box that increments every time you clicked on it by setting an event procedure like this,

Private Sub Text0_Click()
Me.Text0.Value = Me.Text0.Value + 1
End Sub

But perhaps you should explain what you want to do in more detail.

Upvote 0
Hi Mr Ed

I had made a worksheet in excel and like the format (the layout) I had made the work sheet but to massive amount of data entry I knew Access would be my best bet to hold all the information I was going to put into it,

My over all design is

at the top left hand corner handle our company logo and address and phone#,

then over to the right of that had date, O.Q. # ( Office Quote) then under that to the left hand side there were 15 lines of information under the description label that would be enter when a customer would buy our products not all 15 lines would use every time but were there if we need it....

then right beside it followed qty, wholesale, retail, total, profit and this also had the 15 lines under the label names I just mention above.

then followed the subtotal, then HST (sales tax- 15%), visa fee (3%), then grand total....

so in my original designI tried doing the normal follow through of building a table , then query, then a form but in the form it would only give me one line and not 15 lines that I needed so I went and designed a form but had the problem I didn't have the primary key with the autonumber so then I thought I remember seein something on the site for autonumbers....so that's why the question about the autonumber....Thank you for you response you gave very much appreciated....HAve a great day... :D

Gemini32

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffiajoseph

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back