Can I change the title of my post?

jonathan92591

Board Regular
Hello,

I want to change the title of my post. For example, my post was solved. To prevent other solvers from reading or clicking on my thread, I'd like to change my title to "existing title - SOLVED".

Thank you.

JT

Hi Jonathan,

We actually prefer that posts don't have a "solved" tag associated with them. Without a solved tag, it allows and encourages users to continue discussion on a topic in hopes of finding a solution even better than the one provided. Numerous times I've seen topics rise from the archives that had a perfectly fine solution, only to be improved on tremendously.

However, it is very nice to see that these forums have been helpful to you, and has provided a solution that works!

For reference in the future, if you happen to mislabel a post title, feel free to use the "Report Post" button in the bottom left of your post, and kindly request that the title be changed to something else. I'm sure the moderators will be accomodating, given you have a good reason for changing the name of the post (contextual errors are usually the best reason, such as if your post is about pivot tables and your topic is about formatting).

Cheers!

That makes perfect sense. Thank you for taking the time and energy to thoroughly explain.

JT

Not a problem. If you wish to simply stop receiving updates to a post, you can "unsubscribe" the post from the User Control Panel (User CP). ;)

Thanks for the feedback!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugubara

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back