Can I add date colums like in excel.

Q

Board Regular
Brief Overview:
I have a table, tableA, which has numerous columns. In ColumnA I have a date entered. What I am trying to do is then have ColumnB to be
=(ColumnA) + 3 Days
Then I would like
ColumnC to
=(ColumnB) + 10 Days
Then ColumnD
=(ColumnC) + 6 Days.

I am very new to access and have a more of an excel background. I have been trying (obviously incorrectly) to write formulas in the cells to achieve this but to no avail. Any info would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Hi,

You can't store calculations in a database table, only data. To create what you want you can use a query. Create a new query in Design View and just create an expression such as Field1: [MyTable]![MyDate]+3. Obviously you'll need to change MyTable and MyDate to your table and field names. You can build the other two columns by using a similar logic.

Upvote 0
This is one of the pitfalls I encountered a couple years ago when I first began working with Access. I'd thought I knew it all since it looked *just like* excel and everyone always asked me for help around the office.

dk gave you the best answer for the question you asked, but, why do you want to do this? What is it you wish to do with those values?

I have this feeling there is a one-stop answer for something that you're about to do manually or in many smaller pieces.

Mike

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBulinski1975

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back