Can hyperlinks be used on a protected sheet??

pliant

Board Regular
I have an alphabetical list of names and i have hyperlink at the top of letters so that when the user click on a letter they are taken to the beginning of the section in the list of names that start with that letter...it worked great until i protected the sheet and now when i click on a link nothing happens...is there a way to use hyperlinks on a protected sheet or are they not meant for that??

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Re: Can hyperlinks be linked to a locked cell??

ok i think it has more to do with the cell that the hyperlink points to is marked as locked which is right since i do not want the user to be able to edit it but now the link will not jump to it...is there anyway to have a hyperlink to a locked cell?

Upvote 0
What version of Excel are you using?

With 2002, the only way I could replicate your problem after protecting the sheet was if I unchecked the boxes for select unlocked/locked cells.

Upvote 0
i'm using Excel2000 ... if i right click on the cell and set its click the Locked checkbox on the Protection tab then the hyperlinks don't work ... but if i leave the Locked checkbox unchecked then the hyperlinks work..

Upvote 0
i solved the problem...i had set the EnableSelection off all sheets in the workbook to xlUnlocked cells...so it wouldn't allow the link to select a locked cell...i changed it to xlNoRestrictions on the sheet with the hyperlink and it works fine :D

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroDH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back