Camera tool prints column letters & row numbers

adhoeschen

I'm using Excel 2010. When I use the camera too to take a snapshot of a range of cells in one worksheet and "paste" them into another worksheet they look fine, update properly, etc. However, when I print the worksheet the camera image prints with the column letters & row numbers around the camera image. Is there any way to prevent this?

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Try
Home button >> Excel Options>> display options for worksheet>> uncheck row and column headers

Upvote 0
Thanks, Michael,

That was my first thought, but I'm unable to find any such option. Excel 2010 doesn't have a home button, but a "File" tab which has an options selection. After that, though, I see General, Formulas, Proofing, Save, Language, Advanced, Customize Ribbon, Quick Access Toolbar, Add-ins & Trust Center. Thinking "Advanced" options would be the most likely place for such an option I looked there but found only what is in the screen capture below:

err . . . . well, forget the screenshop, but I did see display options for: with a dropdown to select my workbook, which was selected. There just wasn't any option for un/checking row and column headers.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again for the response.

Alan

Try
Home button >> Excel Options>> display options for worksheet>> uncheck row and column headers

Upvote 0
Scroll down the advanced window about halfway...Display options for this worksheet >>uncheck row and column

Upvote 0
Scroll down the advanced window about halfway...Display options for this worksheet >>uncheck row and column

OK, found it. I unchecked Show Row & Column Headers. The row & column headers disappear on the screen for the whole worksheet, but when I print, I still get them. This is a real head scratcher.

Thanks for your efforts to help this old fart.

Alan

Upvote 0
From one old fart to another...:LOL:
Have you unchecked headings Page Layout section of the ribbon ??

Upvote 0
From one old fart to another...:LOL:
Have you unchecked headings Page Layout section of the ribbon ??

LOL! And some days I feel like an older fart!

Michael, thanks for all your suggestions. I hate to sound like a broken record, but that also didn't help. I've searched through every option & setting I can find and get the same results. Everything I've looked at turns on or off the row & column headings for the whole worksheet, but nothing affects the camera image; it still prints showing the column & row headers at the top & left of the image itself. Funny, but it doesn't show up in the print preview but it is in all the printing options (.pdf, One Note, and a plethora of printers) I can print to here at work.

Somebody suggested looking on the Microsoft site & said they remember seeing something about a bug in the camera tool. I'm gonna go check that out today, but at this point I think we're beating a dead horse.

Again, I thank you for, and appreciate, all your effort but this is looking more and more like a Microsoft problem.

Alan

Upvote 0
BINGO! Thanks for being persistent, Michael.

Yes, the camera image was on a different sheet; and here I was checking & unchecking things on the receiving sheet, not the source sheet!!! I guess if I had a brain I'd take it out and play with it, LOL!

I appreciate your help! You've made my day! Thanks!

Alan

Upvote 0
Excellent....glad it worked...(y)...grey power wins again...:LOL:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back