Calculating payroll in access

chegra26

Board Regular
I have a database where I am tracking training activities for employees where different activities may be paid on different dates. For instance I have
(field, check box) 4 hr safety training (field, 4 hr pay date)
(field, check box) 2 hr safety training (field, 2 hr pay date)
(field, check box) SPED training (field, SPED pay date)
(field, check box) Paperwork (field, Paperwork pay date)

These activities can be performed on different days so therefore may have different pay dates
Is there any way within a query that I can create a calculation that will calculate only those activities where the pay date is blank.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
I am not an Access expert, but I messed around with it and I couldn't get it to work, until....
I went back to the table that I was doing a query on, and I checked the field properties of the data type for the date column.
On the "required" setting I had it set on " No ".
Once I changed that to " Yes " and saved the changes, the query worked...

Oh, also, I used the ISNULL function as a criteria...
{ Notice for the expression I had to reference the table it came from and not the query itself...}

(((IsNull([Vehicle ID]![State Registration]))<>False))

I hope that gets you there...

Upvote 0
I have a database where I am tracking training activities for employees where different activities may be paid on different dates. For instance I have
(field, check box) 4 hr safety training (field, 4 hr pay date)...
These activities can be performed on different days so therefore may have different pay dates
Is there any way within a query that I can create a calculation that will calculate only those activities where the pay date is blank.

If the answer you got doesn't solve your issue, post back with information that is more concise and clear. You have all this stuf where? In tables? If so, "checkbox" fields as data or preferences is bad form and will likely cause you grief. You want to calculate what? All I got from your post was that you have "checkbox fields" and pay dates, so I don't see what there is to calculate. Even if you're referring to controls on a form, I still don't see what there is to calculate.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tommyw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back