Calculated Table Headings in Excel 2007

soflasooner

It doesn't appear that Excel 2007 allows tables to have calculated headings. I'd like to have a heading be a variable that can change when another cell changes and it appears that the functionality is no longer available.

Am I missing something?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
I would suggest you post an example that shows what you have, what you get, and what you expect to get that is different. That will allow others to try to help you.

Upvote 0
I would suggest you post an example that shows what you have, what you get, and what you expect to get that is different. That will allow others to try to help you.

If I could figure out how to do so, I would.

Imagine a table with three columns. For the header of one of the columns, I want "April Revenue" and I want it to change with the variable "April" contained in T1. I enter the equation =T1&" Revenue" - this would result in "April Revenue" in any other cell on the worksheet. However, in the header of the table (that was created using [ctrl-T in 2007], when I enter that equation and hit enter, the resulting output is a left-justified zero. Not only is the output "0", but the equation that I entered has been replaced with a zero as well.

By the way, I did try to enter the equation before converting the array into a table. However, Excel gave me a warning of 'formulas in the header row will be removed and converted to static text. Do you want to continue?' when I attempted the ctrl-T.

Upvote 0
I only have Excel98, which doesn't seem to use the hot-key combination, Ctrl+T, for anything. And, I don't know the advantage or reason for creating a header using the Ctrl+T. Can you not use the hot keys, and just enter your equation in the header? If you must use the Ctrl+T, someone else will have to help you, as it is beyond me. Good luck.

Upvote 0
The Ctrl-T and creating the tables to which I refer are new to Excel 2007. Accordingly, if you are using anything earlier, you won't be able to replicate my problem.

Thanks anyway...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back