Calculate Working Days

Carrie

I am using Access 2002. I am fairly new to Access. I can do simple queries but nothing real major.

I have analysts have have calls open in their queue. I need to know how old their calls are using 9 hour business days. So if a call was in my queue and the call was opened on 01/14/05 and today is 02/03/05. Excluding weekends and MLK day which was a holiday is would have been open for 13 Days.

How can I get it to calculate the amount of working days a call has been open?

Ultimately, I will need to group these into categories (i.e. Carrie has 3 calls that are 0-3 days old and 5 calls that are 4-7 days old). I just figured I would start with the first part.

I hope this has been helpful.

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
It is quite possible to do, but it takes a lil bit of coding. About the public holidays, i dont think that it is possible to exclude public holidays from the list. I'm not sure on the code itself, but from what i don know i dont think you will be able to uninclude public holidays, but weekends should be possible.

Upvote 0
Hi,

The following SQL for a select query will calcuate the number of work days between a start date and today (excluding today). Please note that this formula does not take account of holidays.

I used the table name T_Dates and the one variable that I used from that table was [start] - be sure to use your own variable and table names. I defined a number of variables within the query - namely Today, Elapsed, XSDays, XSWDays (the nub of the formula), Weeks and Workdays. You may combine some of these variables if you choose or elect not to display some of the variables.

SELECT T_Dates.start, Weekday(Now()) AS Today, Int(Now()-[start]) AS Elapsed, ([Elapsed] Mod 7) AS XSDays, IIf([XSDays]=0,0,IIf([Today]=1,[XSDays]-1,IIf([XSDays]+1=[Today],[XSDays]-1,IIf([XSDays]<[Today]-1,[XSDays],[XSDays]-2)))) AS XSWDays, Int((Now()-[start])/7) AS Weeks, ([Weeks]*5)+[XSWDays] AS WorkDays
FROM T_Dates;

HTH, Andrew. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aiden Jenner

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back