Bump a thread

I'd say normally a good few hours after posting, but I'd say only bump once a day... :)

Hope this helps!

Okey, I guess I can give it a bump now then and another next week if nothing have happend during the weekend.

Thx for the input SuperFerret.

Regards
KB

Many board regulars will view "unanswered threads" when they log in. So don't worry that your post will disappear as soon as there's 25 more behind it - it will still be seen. I believe the default behavior for viewing threads is to cut them off after two days (i.e., to show "today" and "yesterday" posts) - so after a day has passed bumps are more useful. I think Ferret's advice is good - once a day usually suffices, and if you've got six bumps and no answers I'd probably give up at that point. There are too many reasons for a thread to go unanswered but in any case where you aren't getting a reply it's worthwhile to review the forum posting guidelines.

Last edited:
xenou,

Thx for the answer. I recently made a bump on my thread, so I'll wait a day to see if anything happens. Otherwise I'll bump one more time next week, and then I'll review my question.
I have checked the forum rules and guidelines - my thread should be in line with what is expected.

Regards
KB

I think the number one favor one can do oneself when posts go unanswered is to review the original question and see if there is sufficient information for someone to provide an answer. IMO, the onus is on the OP to avoid the necessity for playing Twenty Questions to get the detail needed.

Hi KB
If this is for the "collect cells" post ...you did get a response with a request for more info from Hiker95

It seems a sample of your data might get a solution.
Cheers.

Michael,

Yes - it was that thread I had in mind, and I appreciate the demand from hiker95.
I used MrExcel html maker to provide the information. Hope it will help for any enhusiast to help me.

Otherwise I'll rewise my question in a couple of days and see if I can provide an easier question that will still bring some light over how I shall succeed with my desired outcome..

Cheers
KB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugubara

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back