bug in the monitor

TinaP

I just had a co-worker call me over because she had "a bug in her computer". She was quite literal. Under the membrane of her LCD monitor, a little bug, barely the size of a pinhead, is crawling around. I named him Herbie.

Anyway, Herbie is driving Jen nuts. Any time she tries to concentrate on her screen, her eyes gravitate to Herbie. He's a small bug with probably a short life span, but Jen doesn't want to see a bug corpse for all eternity, either.

Can anyone suggest a way to get rid of Herbie without damaging the monitor? I'd hate to have to explain this to management.:hammer:

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Is that monitor an LCD / TFT Display ?

if yes, perhaps that so called Herbie -are a bunch of few burned pixels in the monitor floating around ?

Herbie isn't there this morning. Perhaps he died or found an escape route on his own. With my luck, he's napping and will reappear soon.

He's a real bug. You could see legs and we could influence his travels by touching the monitor. Unfortunately we couldn't persuade him to leave the visible part of the screen.

If an LCD monitor has a burnt pixel / pixels and if the monitor is not pretty old, the burnt pixels are not visible all the time. They appear randomnly at given point of time. Moreover, a bug (kind of a living organism) cannot sustain the heat generated by monitors especially the LCDs, and would die rather instantly. There are a lot of other possibilities too if discussed we wud end up in a heated spat :-D

Nobody could tell what the problem is in practical unless he / she exepreinces the issue with his / her own eyes :rofl:

Any chance of you sharing what ever it is you and Jen are smokin, !!

Michael M

It must be in the ventilation ducts...another two users reported bugs in their monitors.

They are little annoying red bugs and we're getting paper reports with little red smears on them. They're all over the area. I went to one of our branches that's 16 miles away and killed about 5 there.

As far as getting them out of the monitor, I'm advising everyone to live with it until the critter dies or leaves on its own.

It must be in the ventilation ducts...another two users reported bugs in their monitors.

They are little annoying red bugs and we're getting paper reports with little red smears on them. They're all over the area. I went to one of our branches that's 16 miles away and killed about 5 there.

As far as getting them out of the monitor, I'm advising everyone to live with it until the critter dies or leaves on its own.

hmmm, this is a new discovery and I guess NAT GEO shud be intimated about it :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warwick89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back