brand spankin' newbie question

Megatron-Lives

Board Regular
just started playing with access today, and am curious why my Access 2002 ignores any data in the first row of any table. Was just playing around with Edit / Find and it will find data from row 2 and on perfectly, but any time i try to find data in row 1, it fails... and I am definitely not typo'ing...

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
That is totally weird! Can't say that I have encountered it before, but then I don't use the Find command in tables all that much.

If you want to find all records with a particular value, say "Fred" in the FirstName field of a table, you could do this:
1. If the value is visible on the screen, right-click the value and choose "Filter By Selection". If not, use Find to jump to the value you want and then use the Filter trick. That should give you a filtered list. You can also pick "Filter Excluding Selection" to get the flip-side...
2. If you want to regularly find the same sort of information, particularly if you want to combine info from more than one table, and/or you want some complex sorting, and/or you want to apply filters, move to using queries. They take a bit of getting the hang of but can be reused any time, and can also form the basis of data-entry forms and reports.

HTH

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fahad_ibnfurjan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back