Board Traffic - popularity rising

Jon von der Heyden

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Did anyone notice the recent new high of users online at one time:
Most users ever online was 1,107, Jun 30th, 2010 at 06:37 PM.
Impressive! :)

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Maybe testing was being done? Or I thought I remember something about google searches when accessing pages from here actually being in that count now or something to that effect?

To me though it seems like there are less questions asked each day compared to in the past, but it could be there are just a lot more people answering now. It is hard to see many 0 replies anymore where there use to be a ton of them.

Maybe people are actually learning how that search feature works. :biggrin: :rolleyes:

Perhaps someone will let us know what the jump is all about... Although even if much of this is due to google search reults the number is still impressive - means that mrexcel.com is a very popular resource for finding excel answers for non-members too... :)

I agree and that post is from less than 2 years ago and we have already doubled those numbers so it seems to definitely be gaining popularity. Which is good.

Ok. I'll let you in on my secret...

I have been telling EVERYONE I know, whether by email, voice or otherwise, that this is THE site for all Excel questions. I am sure I have told at least 50 people about this site, and that would be a conservative estimate. And if each of them told 2 friends, who in turn each told 2 friends, and so on and so on...

Yes, that's right, I am the reason for the surge. :laugh:

You're welcome!

Seriously though, I do tell everyone I know about this site--every opportunity I have. My family is tired of my "proselytizing" for mrexcel.com. A chorus of groans can often be heard when someone mistakenly mentions Excel in my presence... although family members have also been overheard mentioning it to their friends, especially when attempting to re-direct them from a conversation with me about Excel.:biggrin:

The real reason why this site is growing is because the people here are accessible and knowledgeable. And many answers can be found in a matter of minutes, not hours or days. All of the hard-working people at this site are respectful and respectable (well...some may argue that point just for kicks, but I have never had reason to believe otherwise.;)) That's the real reason why the site is growing.

Congratulations and Thanks to all who work to make this THE BEST EXCEL FORUM ON THE WEB!

It's a good site. By that, i mean it's easy to navigate through, it's not overly moderated in the Forums and there's no complaints if a novice answers a question. I've been on some forums where you had to be every day for months without making any comments, coz if you did you were quickly ridiculed and made to feel like you weren't part of the community. It's not Cliquey!

And it's the best free learning resource on the plantet bar none when it comes to Excel, with access to some of the finest Excel brains who as the earlier poster mentioned share their knowledge with grace.. I've learned loads here.

I just hope it doesn't get so popular that the community feel disappears

I'm sure the opposite sex find me far more attractive now that I know some Excel, in fact the mere mention of it to my wife and she starts to talk of bed.....think the phrase is you talk about Excel once more and I'm going to bed!!! :laugh:

Hey folks. I was so glad to find this place. I wonder if the spike in traffic here is due to the Microsoft Office Groups/Boards closing down on June 1, 2010. That sucked. :( I was looking like a hero at work all the time b/c I did all this neat stuff, then those boards closed and I was SOL.

Is there a MrAccess board, does anyone know?

Thanks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadethejade

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back