Board Statistics

starl

Administrator
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
The board statistics were taken down while we were testing to see what was causing the board to drag. Since the upgrade, we have yet to put them back up.
But before we do - those who did view the statistics - why? What statistics were you interested in? Top 10? Top Daily Posters?

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
I liked to review all of them from time to time, but not at the expense of the the board's performance... :)

I looked a few times, but why worry?

Aladin --> #1 (About to hit 20,000 btw! :LOL: )

Juan --> #2

Nate and the other Cell Masters next.

I did, however, like seeing the mix of folks from around the world, predominantly from the US, UK & Australia. Wonder why so many from there?

But, as Nate said, at the cost of Board performance, it's not something I'll miss or look for...

My 2 cents.

Smitty

Hi
I used to look at the statistics all the time - I too liked seeing the mix of people from around the world, plus the most frequently read, and replied to, threads. It would be a shame to see them go but hey, I won't stand in the way of improving the site performance. If the statistics is the casuse of the performance issue, instead of real time live stats, how about stats that are updated daily as part of the midnight roll-over?
My 2c
Andrew :)

I used to glance at them from time to time. I found all of them interesting. I'd agree with Andrew, I don't think they'd need to be "up to the minute" -- especially if there's a performance implication. But I'd think that one could crank a quick once-a-day update without tanking performance.

Yep, I like to peruse the statistics and see where people are from, and top posters, etc. Not necessary, but certainly interesting. :)

I like looking at them periodically. But agree that dragging down performance doesn't make them worth it. Like was previously suggested maybe a once a day picture would work. For what it's worth that's my 2c

texasalynn

Kinda hard to disagree with the majority here. :)

Board statistics... What board statistics???
My philosophy on computers & hot rods: if it don't make it go faster, remove it. :LOL:

HalfAce said:
Board statistics... What board statistics???
My philosophy on computers & hot rods: if it don't make it go faster, remove it. :LOL:

Remove Windows :LOL:

I agree with Andrew .....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smllchng5

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back