Board Login Prompt

John Davis

Hello All:

When I tried to access this site, it required me to Log In and use my password. Thankfully I remembered. Is this a new requirement? I've been just clicking for over a year now.

Re: Excel questions

You may have lost the cookie that is stored on your computer keeping your login details.

You may have lost the cookie that is stored on your computer keeping your login details.

Thanks for your reply. I've been using Excel 2003. The site itself gives me a prompt for the Login and password, which it never did before. I'll try logging out and then in again too see if something has changed.

Hello John,

If you have forgotten your password don't forget to click the Forgot Password link. It will send you info on how to reset your password to your email box.

Kurt

Make sure when you log in that the Remember Me option is checked. Then the site will store a cookie on your machine so you don't have to log in again (unless you use a different machine!)

Make sure when you log in that the Remember Me option is checked. Then the site will store a cookie on your machine so you don't have to log in again (unless you use a different machine!)

Thank you both. After logging off and on again, the Login prompt doesn't show up now. Strange, because I've been using the same machine for over a year. Perhaps, somehow my cookie got erased. But all's OK now.

Thanks for your reply. I've been using Excel 2003. The site itself gives me a prompt for the Login and password, which it never did before. I'll try logging out and then in again too see if something has changed.

Excel 2003? That has nothing to do with your logging into the board :confused:

At any rate, when you log in again make sure you check the 'remember me' box. I believe the default for the cookies is one year, so you may need to reset it now and again. Also make sure your browser is set to accept cookies from mrexcel.com.

Excel 2003? That has nothing to do with your logging into the board :confused:

At any rate, when you log in again make sure you check the 'remember me' box. I believe the default for the cookies is one year, so you may need to reset it now and again. Also make sure your browser is set to accept cookies from mrexcel.com.

Thanks for the reply. I did check the 'remember me' box, when I was forced too log in yesterday. And today the log in box didn't show up when I entered the website. Perhaps the default for the cookies had expired.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NghiVmexgdhh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back