Bl@@dy viruses

Domski

:cry: Seem to have got a crappy virus type thing on my home PC.

Something called W32.Myzor.FK@yf which just won't go away.

A week ago Norton 360 flashed up something about finding something which it said it had cleaned

I then starded getting pop up warnings on my task bar and my home page changed to http://asafehomepage.com/ with a warning saying Internet Explorer had found this virus.

I tried to do a system restore back a week but it wouldn't let me so I followed the instructions here http://www.symantec.com/en/uk/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2006-052310-2921-99 but I couldn't find the registry entries that it listed.

I understand that this isn't a virus as such but just malware trying to get me to payfor some software to remove it but it's doing my head in. Have read some boards with suggestions but not sure what to trust.

Anyone got any suggestions as to the best way to remove this or a good website where I can find help or suggestions.

Cheers,

Dom :nervous:

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Hi Kristy,

Spybot seems to have partially done the job. will persevere with the other suggestions tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

Dom

Tried the last suggestion before bed and it worked a treat. Seems to have completely got rid of it. :-P :beerchug:

I'd had a look at a few sites and all looked a bit complicated but that was dead simple.

Thanks for your assistance :pray: , chocolates are in the mail!

Dom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beraned1218

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back