• Maybe Tomorrow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YES YES YES GIVE ME MORE EXCEL, GIMME GIMME

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

iknowu99

Office Version
  1. 2016
what's the deal guys and gals? such anticipation and for what? i must know if there's any use upgrading to excel2007. Is it possible to run the two excels side by side on one pc? and basically i want to hear your opinions on the new excel deal :wink:

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
I insist on more votes!

I don't understand, help me understand. Where is the post worth dozens of replies about how great excel2007 will be? From what i see, it's the fact that vba is not completely compatible.......

i await your vote!! be a man, do the right thing

A)
Where is the post worth dozens of replies about how great excel2007 will be?
Do you mean this?
http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=172620
This thread is in a different area of the forum, not the lounge.

My reply above was simply pointing out that someone created a poll for this same question last week. I even provided a link to it. Not hard to understand, really.

B)
i await your vote!!
You'll be a-waiting for some time, seeing as I will not be voting.

C)
be a man, do the right thing
That is in no way possible without some sort of major invasive surgery. (Translation: I am not a man. Personally, I don't know many who would have a username with the word 'Pookie' in it nor have their name of "Kristy" in purple with sparklies on...)

C) I know you're not a man per say, but i looked up man just for you :P

man: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/man please see #2

(also it's from Russell Peters, if you don't know, now you know)

B) await is spelled just like that! no hyphen. But i beg you, pretty pretty plz vote, plz :)

A) it is very hard to understand....This was an anticipated version of Excel and the excel community is not willing to upgrade? yes that is the link and it makes me upset that i haven't tried Office12 and now i dont want to

That is in no way possible without some sort of major invasive surgery. (Translation: I am not a man. Personally, I don't know many who would have a username with the word 'Pookie' in it nor have their name of "Kristy" in purple with sparklies on...)

LOL Kristy :lol: :-D :outtahere:

we shall find a male who goes by Pookie is really Kristy plus has a favorite purple. we will look for this persona through the whole world, nations shall come together (organized by mrexcel's forum) and find this man .... even if it means going to the Hills of Beverly! yes i said it!

100 views, 3 votes, mooo.... i mean.... boooo

Yes, 2007 is / was an anticipated version.

Yes, it has a lot of features that make it a useful upgrade (not the least being the hugely increased worksheet size)

No, lots of people won't be upgrading soon because it's a chicken and egg thing. 95% of desktops have Microsoft Office. The new formats are not compatible with the old, so until the major corporate and government sites switch, compatibility is a major issue.

I will be upgrading very soon. I have the software but don't have it on my machine yet. Did install a couple of weeks back, side by side with Office XP, but I picked up a worm that caused me hassles so I just reverted to a pre-2007 image. I will most likely set up a dual-boot system to handle Vista and pre-Vista sided by side, but I know of a number of people who have Vista and an earlier version side by side on the same partition, and have no problems.

So, sorry that you are disappointed with the response from this site but many see good reasons for staying with what they have for the moment.

Denis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baldred

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back