Best way to create a report

FatalLordes

Hi All. Had great success in here when I've had other questions, and been given great advice, so I thought I would ask another question.

I've build a "database" for a cat rescue which has three tables, namely
  • Table One (Main) - each row has the details of cat. Each cat name is unique.
  • Table Two (Contacts) - each row has a person's name and relationship to the rescue.
  • Table Three (Medical) - each row is a medical procedure pertaining to one cat. Each cat name is based on the unique cat name in Table One.

What I'm hoping to do and seeking advice on is I would like to be able to build a "report" which would essentially have all the details for one cat. Basically it would be something like you enter the cat name you want the report on and it would create a "page" that contains all the details for that cat from Table One (it would be on one row). One of the fields in that one row is the adopter's name. The report would use this to get that row details from Table Two based on that Adopters name. And then it would list all the various rows from Table Three that pertain to that cat (and Table Three uses the unique cat name from Table One for each row, so there could be multiple rows throughout the table for that one cat).

I hope that explains it well enough. Ultimately I would like this "report" to be printed and filed. It would look something like (very roughly), where the yellow is from Table One, pink is from Table Two, green is from Table Three
1723179704004.png

I am using Excel Online as we share the database across multiple users, and I know that can make a difference so saying that upfront. What would be the best way to approach making this given I'm using Excel Online (so I know Power Query and macros and VBA are out). Is it even possible or am I dreaming? Open to suggestions :)

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Yo could also use the desktop versoin while working with multiple users in Office 365. But your question will probably not be so complicated with formula's as well.
Since you ask specific output, you really need to give more details. People need the tables (at least samples) with the desired output in an Excel layout. You can use the XL2BB tool to post your sheet tables

Upvote 0
Yo could also use the desktop versoin while working with multiple users in Office 365. But your question will probably not be so complicated with formula's as well.
Since you ask specific output, you really need to give more details. People need the tables (at least samples) with the desired output in an Excel layout. You can use the XL2BB tool to post your sheet tables
The desktop version isn't suitable as users may not have a desktop version... unless Microsoft allow free desktop versions? I was hoping to be able to do it all in Excel Online if possible and make it as easy as possible for users (preferable, click a button, type in name and enter and BANG, there it is on the screen and you can choose to print if you want).

Here are sample tables
MAIN:
1723272514618.png

CONTACTS:
1723272560396.png

MEDICAL:
1723272602048.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back