BB Code for a Table?

yee388

First of all, I think Colo's HTML Maker is one of the best things going for this board. However, there are a bunch of one-time or first time "question-askers" who don't really want to download an Add-In, or can't because they are at work, etc.

How hard would it be to make a "Table" button like the Quote, Code, URL, etc buttons?

Lately I've had a pretty hard time trying to make out what the poster means when the just type their data in normal font.

I guess the bottom line is: a quicker way to post simple tables of data would be a good addition to auto-HTML/BB code buttons.

Hmm. I did find a couple of mods that would work.

One is essentially just taking the HTML code for a table and making it into BBcode tags, but you would have to use it *just* like the html code, with opening/closing tags after everything. With that, you may as well just post the HTML code--not even counting those who don't know/understand coding as it is.

However, the other mod I found would allow text to be indented with a tab...that seems a bit more realistic and "user-friendly" for our needs...I'll see what I can do.

Yeah - just the ability to tab over and align the data would be a huge improvement. Thanks for investigating!

Well, finding the mods and actually being able to apply them to the board are completely different things. Depends on how the code looks and if they will work with other mods that are already installed.

We'll see :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smllchng5

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back