Basic Spreadsheet

dillon65

Hello everyone:

I am new to your board, I have been using excel on and off for a few years more off than on; I started my own admin business and I do a lot of cold calling. I decided to keep a track of the people that I contact, and at the same time I have setup excel to give me a 90 day advance notice on when to send my follow up letter.

So for example I was to send a letter dated May 19th 2003 excel would tell me to send a followup letter August 19th 2003.

What I wanted to know is there a way that the formula colum, can have a continuious blink? Everytime I open the excel sheet I have to scan the formula colum with my eyes.

Thanks

dillon65

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
dillon65 said:
Hello everyone:

I am new to your board, I have been using excel on and off for a few years more off than on; I started my own admin business and I do a lot of cold calling. I decided to keep a track of the people that I contact, and at the same time I have setup excel to give me a 90 day advance notice on when to send my follow up letter.

So for example I was to send a letter dated May 19th 2003 excel would tell me to send a followup letter August 19th 2003.

What I wanted to know is there a way that the formula colum, can have a continuious blink? Everytime I open the excel sheet I have to scan the formula colum with my eyes.

Thanks

dillon65

dillon65,

You can use conditional formatting to color the cells. As per your example if A1 houses 5/19/2003, in the same cell or another, got to Format/Conditional/Formatting and enter as formula is

=a1+90, or however many days

Upvote 0
Hello Brian:

Thanks for your quick reply; in (j3) I have =j3=90 and I have colour it green. Is this what you mean?

Thanks

dillon65

Upvote 0
dillon65 said:
Hello Brian:

Thanks for your quick reply; in (j3) I have =j3=90 and I have colour it green. Is this what you mean?

Thanks

dillon65

dillon

Ken has a simulation for you. In your formula it will turn green ONLY when j3 equals 90 days. You probably would what something that prompts you along the way, i.e. 30, 60, and 90 days. Post back if you need more help.

Upvote 0
Hello Brian, and Egress1:

Accord Financial Corporation 777 Bloor Street West Suite 1803 Toronto M5S 1M2 Dorothy Routledge Manager 416 961-0007 416 961-9443 February 5, 2003 May 6, 2003

February 5, is in the J colum; the K colum is blank, and the L colum is where the May 6 date is, which is the actual formula =J10+90 this gives me may 6 date.

I tried your formula but it gave me the #VALUE.

Egress1 the example that you gave me can I use that method to show my problem? Or is it only for Moderators to give solutions to problems.

I detest math and probably that's why I have this fear of excel, especially formulas. I have the "Bible for 97" would this book teach me about basic formula's?

Thanks Egress1, and Brian.

dillon65

[/list]

Upvote 0
dillon65 said:
Hello Brian, and Egress1:

Accord Financial Corporation 777 Bloor Street West Suite 1803 Toronto M5S 1M2 Dorothy Routledge Manager 416 961-0007 416 961-9443 February 5, 2003 May 6, 2003

February 5, is in the J colum; the K colum is blank, and the L colum is where the May 6 date is, which is the actual formula =J10+90 this gives me may 6 date.

I tried your formula but it gave me the #VALUE.

Egress1 the example that you gave me can I use that method to show my problem? Or is it only for Moderators to give solutions to problems.

I detest math and probably that's why I have this fear of excel, especially formulas. I have the "Bible for 97" would this book teach me about basic formula's?

Thanks Egress1, and Brian.

dillon65

[/list]

Is Feb 5 a true date or part of a string?

Upvote 0
Hello Brian:

To be very honest with you I don't no the difference between a true date and a string.

February 5th is a date that I manually put in the colum (Month sent).
I do cold calling 3 days a week so what ever that day is I would send a letter then I use that date. Monday 19th: my next day would be Wednesday 21 and Friday 23

If there is a great possiblily that someone wants to use my services, then I colour code the entire cell orange.

I don't think I could get the formula cell to blink.

If I could email you a sample please let me know.

Thanks

dillon65

Upvote 0
dillion,

Click on the cell where you want the cell pattern to change, then go to Format/Conditonal Formatting/click on formula is, then enter

=J3+90<=l3

or something that fits your criteria. Adding and subtracting dates are no different than doing it with numbers. I'll send your example back shortly.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroDH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back