Basic search box in a Form

rplohocky

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am brand new to Access. I created a table and then created a form. The form shows all the data I need to view each record. I am looking to add a search box on the form (anywhere on the form). I have spent about 4 hours trolling online to find just a basic search box that I can modify to work for my form without success.

I know excel pretty good and I build macros often. Can anyone provide me with instructions/VBA code to create a search box on my form where I can type in a 4 letter code and it will fill in the corresponding boxes on my form?

There is a search box on the very bottom of the page but its in font 8 and you need a magnify glass to see it but it does what I am looking for. I just need it at the top of my form and a bit bigger!

Thanks for any help!

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Can't you just move and resize the existing search box?

Upvote 0
No, this "search box" is the static box fixed on the software itself. When you create a Form it apparently is something that appears at the bottom of the Form to be used for searching records. It works like I want it to but its at the bottom and its extremely small. i would assume that its on the bottom every time a form is created.

Upvote 0
Do you actually mean the record navigator at the bottom of the form?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckrings

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back