Basic code to jump to row

ipbr21054

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
I find myself many times wanting to go to a row where i know the row number.

Example i wish to go to row 1234
Without having to open a userform for the user to enter row number & press command button what option can be used where say user an input box is always shown & do it that way ?

Thank.
The row number in question should select the cell in column A

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
That did work however i would like something on my sheet to be able for the user to do it

Upvote 0
I think it is very easy to just click the F5 key (built-in Excel "Go To" feature), and just enter the cell you want to go to ("A1234").

Upvote 0
I don't know of any way to have an InputBox always open and waiting for input. I think that would take over everything else and not let you do anything until you enter something in and close it.
Your best bet would probably be to create a Macro and attach it to a menu item, button, or shortcut key combination.
Or maybe you could customize something with User Forms.

But I don't think those options are any better than the options already available to you out-of-the-box.

Upvote 0
If as Joe said, and the functions already available are not sufficient for you, you could insert a row above your data (assuming you have headers in row 1, insert a row and move the headers to row 2) then freeze the top row and use A1 as your "input" box. When you type in a row number, you could then have some VBA move you to that row. However, this seems more convoluted than any of the other options presented.

Also, the Name Box is always visible on the sheet unless you've hidden the formula bar?

Upvote 0
If as Joe said, and the functions already available are not sufficient for you, you could insert a row above your data (assuming you have headers in row 1, insert a row and move the headers to row 2) then freeze the top row and use A1 as your "input" box. When you type in a row number, you could then have some VBA move you to that row. However, this seems more convoluted than any of the other options presented.

Also, the Name Box is always visible on the sheet unless you've hidden the formula bar?
That is a clever solution!
As you said, I don't know that it is any better than the built-in OOTB features, but I like the "out of the box" creative solution!

Upvote 0
Lets say i do the suggested will ALL my codes, form that are in place update accordinly so they still work like at present ?

Dont want to go through them all having to alter them & run something to then mess with whats in use at present

Upvote 0
Lets say i do the suggested will ALL my codes, form that are in place update accordinly so they still work like at present ?

Dont want to go through them all having to alter them & run something to then mess with whats in use at present
Do your other codes reference specific cells? How many codes are there? If not many, could you show them to us and we could determine if the proposed solution would affect them negatively?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back