Barcode Sanner does not jump to another cell

sadiq786k

Hi , when I scan Barcode in excel , it get scanned , but when scan another i need to press enter to go on another cell is there any settings in excel
plz let me know, i want barcode scanner to scan in diffrent cell as goes on :LOL:

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
I had the same issue with some Symbol barcode Scanners I am working with.

The scanners come with documentation and printed on that documentation are barcodes. I had one in particular that says "Carriage Return/Line Feed"

I scanned that barcode and the scanner beeped and accepted the code. From that point forward it will scan the barcode, and then drop down to the next cell.

In Excel you can also tell it to move horizontal as opposed to vertical if you wish.

I assume every scanner has this type of instruction sheet or documentation... so just look up the model of scanner you have, go to their site, download the documentation and it SHOULD have those barcodes that you will need to make teh scanner do what you want it to do, or emulate what you want it to emulate.

The scanners I have , have NO buttons etc on them, and are wireless USB scanners, and that is the ONLY way I found to make it go from one cell to the next either vertically or horizontally.

Mike

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrformulaheadache

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back