Back to work

Lewiy

Hi all, well, it's back to work for me today :( having failed to leave enough holiday entitlement to get me off for the holiday season.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and got everything they wanted. I had two major disappointments:
1. Still no one has bought me a copy of Office 2007........I'm starting to think that I may have to get this myself eventually.

2. On Christmas day, a present arrived at my feet. It was 3-4 inches cubed. "Ahh", I thought "that'll be my chocolate orange that I get every year". Upon opening, I discovered that this was not a chocolate orange, but some tile puzzle thing.......apparently I'm too old for chocolate oranges now........since when was 25 too old for a box of Terry's finest......???!!!!

Oh well, still have New Year to look forward to, if I can find some cash in my bank account I'll be starting to pick up the beers tonight!!

Happy New Year to all!!! :beerchug::beerchug:

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
having failed to leave enough holiday entitlement to get me off for the holiday season

Ditto, it's rubbish being back here but at least it's a short week this and next.

The presents I received this year were particularly inspiring.

The good ones:

Mum: Some cash (always nice to have and to be fair it's what I asked for so no compaints there), and a couple of nice bottles of vin which I will enjoy at my leisure (5 Stars)

Auntie: The Bourne Trilogy (Asked for a list of things so that she could choose and obviously just picked the first one, no shame there though). (3 Stars)

Not so good ones:

Female Cousin: A bottle of champagne that I know she nicked from my Aunt's wine rack (it was one my mum and I had brought back from a trip to France and had given to my Aunt). (2 Stars because I do like a spot of bubbly)

Male Cousin: A jar of hot chocolate and a bar of chocolate (I don't eat chocolate and haven't done so for the last 15 years). (-1 Star)

Male Cousin's wife: Some napkins and matching rings (I don't have a dining table). (Star has gone nova)

Have people just given up with being imaginitive when it comes to buying presents these days or is it just my family?

DomBahHumbugSki

I had to work yesterday and christmas eve. :(

left early yesterday because there was no one in the office.

lets see..

parents - button down dress shirt and some razors

auntie - gas gift card

sister - red sox shirt

other sister - call of duty 4 (xbox 360 game)

christmas isn't the same anymore. I spend more than I recieve these days. One of my sisters has kids so now I have 3 nephews. I probably spent around $700 this year and I have a small family.

I probably spent around $700 this year and I have a small family.

Ouch!!! I didn't spend anywhere near that although there's no nippers in my little family to buy for quite yet.

The value of the presents doesn't matter to me in the slightest but I would prefer to think they'd made an effort to choose something I might like.

I probably spent around $700 this year and I have a small family.

If only I had that much to spend in the first place!!!! Normally I'm pretty cheap at Christmas but having aquired a new girlfriend a couple of months ago, my list of present recipients has increased from Mum, Dad, Brother, Gran1, Gran2 to now also include Girlfriend (always an expensive one), her sister, her brother in law, her neice, her nephew, her mum and her dad. Still managed to keep it all around the £150 ($300) mark though which I was quite pleased with.

At least I have a long weekend coming up, finish at lunch time tomorrow (last day in current job) and don't start the new job until next Wednesday. Can't complain there!

I always overdo the Christmas shopping but that's the part of the holiday that I enjoy the most. Was well over $1000 (probably closer to $1250) this year. Most of that is for newly acquired family (my brother married a woman with two kids and my sister hooked up with a guy with 2 kids.:mad:). Throw in my godson and his family plus the remainder of my family.....gets quite expensive.
I received some nice gifts though. Almost all were related to something that I enjoy.....Golf, Steelers, work (computer stuff), some Hootch .....

All in all, I'm not into receiving gifts and whatever I do get, I thoroughly enjoy!

I'm moving to Bank of New York in Poole, will be working with issuing corporate loans. Bit of a change for me as my entire career so far has been in accounting. I'm now tired of chasing people for money!!! :-?

I guess I over did it this year. I hope they don't expect the same every year.

I bought my 2 sisters Ipod nanos @ $175 each. = $350

I bought my parents this fireplace insert that displays realistic looking fire and gives off heat. That was $200 but my sisters gave me $80. 40 each, and I had to put up the rest = $120

Gave my brother-N-law $50.

gave my god son $100

Bought 2 nintendo DS games for my nephews = $60

so ya, $680. The ipods killed me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayneecm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back