Back-end encrypted with Password Issue

MrVillareal

Hello,

I encrypted my back-end with password after splitting my database but after that my front-end disappear and shows only the backstage view of access. Please you help.

Thanks in advance.
Marvin

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
The current linked tale have a stored password that is blank. The only way to replace the password with your new password is to replace the linked tables.

1) delete all the linked tables from the front end.
2) Create linked tables and this time it will ask you for the password. You may want to check the box to save the password.

WARNING: The password is not difficult to retrieve once you link the tables and store the new password.

Upvote 0
Thansk Mr. Boyd.

After splitting my database, open BE at exclusive mode, and encrypt with password then when I open my FE to do your suggestions it shows only the backstage view. But if I try to do splitting manually and encrypt BE with password it works.

Upvote 0
Thansk Mr. Boyd.

After splitting my database, open BE at exclusive mode, and encrypt with password then when I open my FE to do your suggestions it shows only the backstage view. But if I try to do splitting manually and encrypt BE with password it works.

Interesting.

I want to see if I can reproduce the issue.
Which version of Access (2007, 2010 or 2013)?
Is the original database in the .accdb or .mdb format?

I only need to split a database when I first take over one built by someone else. When I do I have to split a database, I have always done it manually. Whenever I start a new Access application it is already split. Even if I know it will be for a single user.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DylantheD

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back