AutoReport Label Question/Page Setup

Lynxador

Board Regular
I've been using access for the past few months, so im getting quite familiar with it. but sometimes things still illude me.

I'm trying to use a continous Roll label printer, instead of Using Avery packs and a standard printer. My problem is it won't align or set up properly.

I have basically a word template, with the appropriate page size (the actual size of a single printed sticker) and i would put the data in by hand. At the end of makign a batch of stickers, id have about 120 stickers or 120 pages. (since each sticker would take 1 page)

So i decide to move everything into access, i mean hey, access has an autoreport label maker. i'm making a mailer of every customer in a certain area, with the format

Code:
{CustomerName}
{CustomerAddress}
{City} {Province}, {PostalCode}

The dimensions per sticker are:

Background paper----
height: 4.75cm
width: 8cm

Sticker-----
height: 4.4cm
width: 7.6cm

There is a 2mm margin to the left and the right of the sticker and a 1.75 mm margin top and bottom, where you see the excess paper that the sticker is on.

Now, the problem im having.. is first it was doing 1 customer per page, wich is what i wanted.. but the page was a standard 8.5x11 (or 216 x 279mm) so it would print one customer.. than print out 4 empty stickers.. than since the demensions were messed up cuz my stickers aren't divided equally by page lengths.. it would print the next one in the middle of 2 stickers.. than from there it was pretty much hit and miss on if it landed inside a sticker or not.

What i really want to do, is make the report page the size of the paperd background of the sticker, put the inromation in a detail the size of the sticker.. and just change the margins on the page setup so its exactly the size of the sticker. But try as hard as i may, i can't make the page 4.75cm x 8cm.

i tried to be as detailed as possible to give you the picture of whats going on, sorry for the long read :) Thank you though, in advance.

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Couldn't you use MailMerge in Word?

It has a Mailing Labels option and you could use Access as the data source.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LizN

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back