Automically get logged of

Arts

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all

Is there any reason why I automatically get logged of the MRExcel website once ive logged on ?

Is there a setting i need to adjust ?

was writing a post then switched screens cam back and found myself to be logged of (i wasnt away for no more than 10 mins)

Arts

Make sure when you log in to check the box for remember me or something like that. See if that helps, if not you may need to clear your cookies.

Schierln

Thanks for the advice

I dont check the box i thought that box would remember me and always keep me logged on i.e when i log onto the pc again that have me signed on

but i shall try that

it only happens if for example if i was writing a long post (or trying to figure out how to phrase my issue say 10 mins) when i go to post i wont be able to send it as i would have been logged out, but i shall try what you suggested

Arts

It's simply a function of the board. If you are idle/inactive on the board for so long (I'd have to check the admin settings to find out the exact length of time), you get logged out. Simple as that. I would imagine it was built in from some sort of security standpoint, but I could be wrong.

Happens to me all the time when I'm posting from work--where I do NOT have the 'remember me' option selected. Just log in and go again.

Edit: Appears we're set to an idle time of 15 minutes before a session ends and a user is automatically logged-out.

Also of note: typing in the message box or reading a page does not count. 'Activity' would be active browsing/clicking of links, etc on the board.

Last edited:
Van Pookie/Kristy

Thank you, that clears that up

There have been times when i am typing (a long post or figuring out) then when you go to send you lose what you've written as you've taken more than what i now know is 15 minutes i shall make sure i copy what i have written and then paste should i need to

Arts

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ang24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back