Automatically set a form to fit to from size

andrewhoddie

Board Regular
Hi

We have a form that when it opens it opens in the maximised screen rather than the form size. Is there a way of opening the form automatically in the "Size to fit form" view?

thanks in advance

andrew

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
I think you've designed a form, expecting it to be some size less than full screen, but each time you open it, it's maximized - not that you have an issue with different users having different screen resolutions. If correct, there are two ways to do this
1) I lost the procedure I printed out & put on my desk, but I retired and can't find it on the web. I was written by a well known Access guru (maybe Allen Browne) and involved steps like: save in design view with certain property settings, go to form view, Ctrl+S to save, go back to design and tweak the settings. I can say that it worked. However the settings had to do with control box, border style, auto resize, etc. then tweaking between views. I only mention it in the hopes that someone reads this and knows where to get it.
2) The other thing you can try is DoCmd.MoveSize N1, N2, N3, N4 where Nx is a number in twips for left, right, (position of top left corner of form window), width and height.
1 twip is about 1/1440 of an inch, so if you want the top left to be 3" left of the application window, start with about 4320 for that number in the Docmd method.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tommyw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back