Automatically input Year

seirra

Board Regular
I’m hoping that someone will be help with this one. I am sure that it is really simple I just can seem to find the answer. In my table I have one field that will have the current year. I but I would like it automatically fill with “2004” then “2005” and so on.
Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
In the default property of the year field put :

Year(Now())

Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice, I tried that when I put it into the Default Value but instead of 2004 I get 1905-06-26 for some reason

Upvote 0
In Access, you can calculate a future or past date from a starting date by using an expression. For example, you can enter a date in a control on a form and calculate a date that is six months in the future from the original date. This article demonstrates this technique by using the DateSerial function to calculate the future date in the controls on a form. The calculated date can then be used in other calculations.

To calculate a future date by using the DateSerial function

In the Database window, click Forms under Objects, and then click New.
In the New Form dialog box, click Design View, and then click OK.
Using the Text Box tool in the toolbox, add two unbound text boxes to your form.
Set the Name property for one text box to StartDate and the other to FutureDate.
Set the Format property for the StartDate text box to Short Date.
Set the Control Source property for the FutureDate text box to the following expression:
=DateSerial(year([StartDate]), month([StartDate])+6, day([StartDate]))

Switch to Form view.
In the StartDate text box, type a date (mm/dd/yy), and then press the TAB key.
The value displayed in the FutureDate text box is six months after the date in the StartDate text box.
Inserting a plus (+) followed by a number after the year, month, or day in the appropriate part of the function calculates a date that number of units in the future. Inserting a minus (-) followed by a number in the appropriate part of the function calculates a date that number of units in the past.

Upvote 0
What is the data type of the year field?

I think you must have it set to Date, if so change it to Number with field size Integer

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Priti_190

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back