Automatically email an excel file per schedule

Mark McInerney

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Folks.

Thanks in advance for looking at this.

I have several Excel files that are updated every week. On Sunday morning these updated files are then emailed. Is there a way to set up 365 to email an excel file to an agreed schedule?

Admin - Apologies if this query is not relevant to the forum.

Thanks - Mark.

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Look into Windows Task Scheduler. We used to use it on a dedicated pc that was never turned off and never updated/rebooted by IT, mainly because it was easier and quite reliable. I cannot recall all the nuances of it though - like what if the pc is sleeping or a user is not logged on. Fairly certain TS won't run if pc is turned off. However, if a task was due it should run when the pc is turned on.

I also seem to recall that to get vba to run you must open the application from a shortcut and not the file directly. I took advantage of that by adding a switch to the shortcut path that set the application's Command property to a value. With that, code took one route if a regular user opened it vs another if TS opened it. This was for Access though. I don't know if Excel has the Command property or not

Upvote 0
Hi Micron,

Thanks for having a look at this - appreciated. I was hoping that there was a quick way home on this......more complex than I had hoped....

Thanks again - Mark.

Upvote 0
I guess it depends on what you mean by a schedule and what is happening at that time. Your question is quite vague I think.

If user has the wb open at the time you want to send the emails then just use a sheet or userform button, or a shortcut key combination that you're not already using. In that case the emailing operation can be 'automatic' but the trigger is manual (user inititiates). TS would take care of the user part automatically.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ang24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back