Automatic table creation

dgrosen

Board Regular
I've been trying for a long time to solve this puzzle but I am stuck!!!
I need help from the masters! :rolleyes:

I have three text boxes. One prompts for the name of the table, one for the number of columns and the other for the number of rows. :biggrin:
I want to create a macro that will create a table with the given columns and rows. o_O

Is that possible do to in Access? :confused:

Dan

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
I imagine something along these lines can be programmed in VBA, but there are some important points you need to be aware of and would need to clarify.

The traditional Rows & Columns lexicon that is used in Excel really doesn't apply to Access. Instead of "Rows & Columns", Access has "Fields & Records". They require different criteria.

In setting up the "Fields", you need to specify what kind of record each field is (Text, Numeric, Note, etc.).

To enter a specific number of "Records", you physically need to put at least one value in one of the Fields for each record. You cannot have a completely blank record. You might be able to accomplish this by setting up an Autonumber field.

Armed with this knowledge, how does it change your request?

Upvote 0
It can be done in VBA but I still don't see what you are trying to do.

Upvote 0
What will you suggest?
Should I create an individual field for each spot? For example one field named A1, A2, A3...Z14 and so on?
More or less, what I am trying to create is a grid similar to an appointment calendar, where you have days within a month and you can browse back and forth. Instead of having months I will name it according to the project and each day will be a spot (A1, B2..)

I am open to suggestions. Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi Norie:
I am a stone and sea shell collector.
I have created a database using access where I input the name of the box, the ID of the sample and its location in the box (A1, B2..). I would like to have it in a more visual display.
I am trying to have this database for my own personal use to keep track of them.
I put the samples in boxes. The boxes have a grid and each spot contains one stone or sea shell with a unique ID#. Each boxes are named different and have different number of spaces.
Hope this helps
Thanks a lot
Dan

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanielCorn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back