Automatic Date on Report

Dowsey1977

Board Regular
Hi,

I am doing a report to list activities for a certain date. The report is based on a query with [Enter Date] in the date field so that when you open the report you can just type in the date that you want. I have 2 questions about this, see below:

1. Can I change the method of chosing the date so that a calendar comes up when you click on a combo box, and then that filters the report to show activities for that date?

2. I want to put a header on the form, something like Activities for *Date* - Is there any way to get the *Date* to automatically update to the date entered in the query?

Any help on either/both of these questions would be great!

Many thanks in advance,
Simon

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Question1
You can do this, but not with a report. You will need to build a form with a calendar control on it, and setup a button to run the report based off of a query that uses the form's calendar control as it's criteria.

Question2
Once you have created the form, just add a textbox to the header or footer of your report, and use the build to reference the form calendar control.

HTH
Cal

Upvote 0
I agree with Cal 100%. However, if you choose not to go ahead with the calendar control form and still want the *date* to show on the report, create an unbound text box (in the header or footer) and set the control source to the same name you used in your query, i.e. [Enter Date]. This will then use the date you entered into your query on the report, without having to enter it twice.

HTH, Andrew. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iours

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back