automated importing (csv file)

Tanya Addison

I have successfully created code to import a csv file into access on a four weekly bases. The code then append the import into a larger table and creates a couple of additional columns. This main table is linked to a Parent table with a primary key and I have created Ref. Integ to prevent any records being imported that do not have a known code. I now need to know how I trap the records that do not make it into the main table into a seperate table of their own. can anyone help?

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
You could import the data to a new table and run an umatched query between the master table and your imported data.

HTH

Peter

Upvote 0
I am importing two files every four weeks which append to a main table. Whilst appending they calculate new fields so that I can run a match and create ref int. What happens to all the records that do make ref int? I just want to catch them in a make table.

thanks

Upvote 0
I dont think that anything happens to them, they are just filtered out. Presumably though you could match your imported table against your main data to see which records are in the import but not in the main table.

Peter

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBulinski1975

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back