auto report

Joanna_gr

Board Regular
Is it possible to create a form and let a user to select from fields of a query and then by pressing a button automatically create a report in the design i have defined? Something like autoreport but with a more complicated design.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
It is possible. But it could be quite complicated.

What exactly do you want the user to be able to do?

Upvote 0
i noticed that there is an auto report option but the format is not what I want and a simple uses will not be able to handle this. So this is what I have in my mind.
New form with all fields from a query. Each field has a check box beside and I ask the user to select what fields he wants to add to his report. Then press a command button and a report opens with the selected fields but in the format I have previous defined. That's it.

Upvote 0
thanks for this. Looks like what I want though it seems a bit complicated and it'll take some time to make it work with my project. But Thanks. Very interesting site :biggrin:

Upvote 0
hi again. i hope that someone may help me more on this. I tested the proposed code but it's not quite what I need. I was wondering if there is a way to make a form where to choose a report "template" have a listbox to let a user choose all the fields he needs to show on his report and maybe a filter to a field. I want this cause I found it a bit complicated to build a report from the beginning as each time I have to change all the fields according to the fields I want. Can you help me on this? Or maybe a macro or something?

Upvote 0
Thanks Tanis. On a first look looks like what I want to do. I only wish I can make it work with my object. :rolleyes: Thanks again! :biggrin:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanielCorn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back