Auto Populate Results from One Cell in another

auxplaines

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have two columns with functions/formulas in them which calculate the results down the columns. One has an IF statement that provides the final results. The other column just multiplies two values to get the results in that cell, and then fillhandle down. I need the second column when values are 0.00 to auto-update the first column to 0.00 as well. Think linking cells. The example is providing an Interest rate for total sales in F2 if the condition is met. I need the cell G2 to zero out if W2 is a Zero amount. W2 just multiplies two cells.

Example in Cell G2 : =IFS(B2="Central",$J$2,B2="East",$J$3,B2="North",$J$4,B2="South",$J$5,B2="West",$J$6)*F2, IF(W2,1,G2 should also equal 0.00??

I have written several IF statements and one that notes, IF the second column (cell) is Zero then the first column will also be zero out. This worked, but when I fillhandle down the first column, my IF statement function no longer worked for the remaining cells in that column.

What I am asking is, does anyone know how to link two cells with separate functions/formulas in them? Is this even possible? Does it need a VBA code done?

Thanks

EDIT:
Sorry this example should say: Example in Cell G2 : =IFS(B2="Central",$J$2,B2="East",$J$3,B2="North",$J$4,B2="South",$J$5,B2="West",$J$6)*F2, IF(W2<1,G2 should also equal 0.00??

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
I'd just wrap your formula in an if statement (If W2 = 0 then 0 else {your formula}):
Excel Formula:
=IF(W2=0,0,IFS(B2="Central",$J$2,B2="East",$J$3,B2="North",$J$4,B2="South",$J$5,B2="West",$J$6)*F2)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jyters

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back