Auto completing a box in a form

stemar

Board Regular
In a database, each staff member has a team leader. I have a table that lists them and a parameter query that will give the team leader for any member of staff.

I’m creating a form to enter data in another table. I have a combo box called Name1 on the form, in which the person’s name is entered. I have another combo box for the team leader, which I would like to complete itself automatically when the name1 box is completed. I’m sure there’s a simple way of doing it, but…

Any suggestions, please?

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
I'm not sure I'm following this 100% given that lack of information, but hopefully I can point you in the right direction. Assuming your form is based on a query (if it isn't it should be), add all of the information you want on the form into the query (including the staff member and the supervisor), base the staff member field on a combo box but leave the supervisor field as a normal text box. On the form set 'enabled' to 'no' for the supervisor field. The user can then select a staff member, the form will then automatically display the supervisor, but the user won't be able to change the supervisor on that form.
HTH, Andrew. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CALEB23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back