Attn newbies! Please read if you joined MrExcel in the past year or so...

Greg Truby

MrExcel MVP
If you are new to MrExcel then you probably have not seen my thread regarding my little dust-up with melanoma :eek2: back in the autumn of 2005.

Just had my annual follow-up with my dermatologist and so far nothing worrisome has appeared. :biggrin: This prompted me to mention this subject here again and urge anyone that has spotted sumpin' dat don't look right on his or her hide to quit procrastinatin' and get yer butt to the doctor and get it checked out! :outtahere:

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Very timely advice, Greg, especially for those of us in the southern hemisphere. 42c here yesterday, not a cloud in the sky, and extreme UV rating, so you'd burn to a crisp in minutes.

Cheers,

Richard

I'm one of those red-ish haired, very freckled individuals. It seems everyone in the family has been diagnosed with skin cancer of one sort or another. I've had at least a dozen biopsies in which all but one came back negative. The odd one was merely pre-cancerous. I check my entire body DAILY and I recommend others with fair coloring to do the same. Of course, skin cancer is found on all skin colors, so everyone should check periodically. I wear sunscreen all over my body, every day.

Skin cancer is more than disfiguring--it is deadly, so take our advice.

Thanks Greg,

I've noticed that I have a growing (and very dark) mole on my thigh and was just ignoring it, I will make an appointment with my doctor and ask his advice.

Well, I did my annual follow-up with the dermatologist last week so I reckon it's time to bump this up to the top of the heap in the lounge and perform my obligatory reminder to one and all that if you have sumpin' funny lookin' on yer hide, getcher butt to the doctor and get it checked out.

This time around I had a suspicious looking mole biopsied and the doc just called and said it came back "normal". Some days it's a grand feeling to be told yer normal! :biggrin:

Glad you got the OK Greg!

Some days it's a grand feeling to be told yer normal! :biggrin:
Normal??? You sure he used that word? Healthy perhaps.... :diablo:

Normal??? You sure he used that word?

Normal & Truby...Somehow those two don't seem to go together (but do they for any of us?)

But I'll agree wholeheartedly with Greg's strong advice - my 79 yr-old mother in law goes in next week for her next round of radiation for a cancerous lesion they took off of her nose of all things, and my Dad in Wyoming (fair skinned) has something cut off every year and has told me to be on the lookout.

Tina - I too and am one of the red-head rooted, fair-skin bastards, and while I avoid the sun like the plague (my wife & daughter - both blondes - are at the beach at least 2x a week). Funny, but the only time I oil up is in the winter for either ice climbing, skiing or mountaineering. Other than that I stick to the shade.

I pity y'all anwhere East of the Rockies this year - It hasn't gotten past 90 here except for a few days in June. :)

I can't wait for winter. :)

Lots of such cancers in Australia. Thanks for the reminder, guys.

~75° here today. I can't wait for summer! Not a fan of winter. ;-)

I just noticed a couple new moles this morning. If you need me August 18 around 4:00EDT, I'll be in the dermatologist's waiting room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadethejade

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back