Attachment

MUSTAFAINE

Why dont we attach files at this forum, mayse you answered this question before but i coulnt find..

The board owner has taken the decision not to expose himself to potential legal action in the event an individual uploads a file containing malicious code/a virus which another user may subsequently download and either damage or infect his own machine with.

Have you tried using either of the html makers (Jeanie or my own)? Not always as good as a file attachment, but very useful nonetheless.

I don't know what the official reason is but I suspect it's because attachments may simply be an extra burden on the server. Also, it is possible that some files may contain malicious code...

Regardless of that though most of us are quite comfortable using the HTML makers that are available. Richard Schollar specially built a HTML maker for this board and the outputs are great!!! If you want it then just send him a PM with your email address.

Further, if you want to share a file then you could always use a bunch like www.box.net. There are plenty of file sharing sites out there and you only need to post a link of your file in your post.

The board owner has taken the decision not to expose himself to potential legal action in the event an individual uploads a file containing malicious code/a virus which another user may subsequently download and either damage or infect his own machine with.
I'll try to remember that next time the question is asked :biggrin:

thanks for your interesting about this thread, just want to ask..

and want to thank again for box.net, i ll try it..

Out of interest, does that mean that xlsx files could be allowed? Or are there other factors, such as storage?

Storage is a big one, but so is content monitoring (above & beyond malicious code).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBulinski1975

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back