Assignment Based on Specific Criteria

kcain06

Hello all! I could really use some brainstorming and help with a project for which I have been tasked. I work for a multifamily management firm that oversees more than 5,000 apartments. We have around 80 staff that are each assigned to a portfolio of apartments. Every apartment receives a particular rating based on its level of risk and is then distributed to an employee based on the employee's position level, supervisor, location, risk rating, etc. There are three different position levels and, depending on whatever level you are, you can only receive a limited number of properties.

I have been asked to "reshuffle" or "redistribute" the entire portfolio to meet all required criteria. There are a lot of variables involved and I'm not sure where to begin. I am experienced with Excel PivotTables and PivotCharts, but I know nothing about VBA or macros.

Can anyone give me some guidance or lead me into the right direction? I appreciate your help. Thanks!!

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
if you can post some sample data and some sample results to demonstrate how the algorithm would work, that would help others give macro or formula sets suggestions for you.

you can use Excel HTML maker to post the sample data and any logic if included.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back