Asking wrong questions, posting in wrong format ?

needshelp12

What can i do to make people even view my treads ?

Ive made afew posts now, noones replay or even viewing any of them.

Please explain.

Thanks

I'm afraid thats the nature of forums.
Looking at your threads, currently all have had views but there are a couple without replies. That can be dependent on a lot of factors including, whoever is reading it, their knowledge of the particular subject, time taken to write an answer (particularly if it involves writing code) or the information you have given. please note it can take a while for all these factors to come together so where as on some subjects you might get an almost instant reply, sometimes it can take days.

Eventually it is sometimes worth "bumping" the question in case some people haven't read it or re-phasing the question if it looks unclear.
Examples of the spreadsheet (confidential data removed) normally help.

But as I said that is the nature of forums. Personally I think it is great how people are willing to give their time and knowledge for the benefit of all

Hmm, it appears one post was solved to you satisfaction, and another asked for more information.
I'd suggest the other 3 are still in the "thinking about it" box.

As Mark suggested, maybe your question is a little unclear and needs
"Bumping" back to the top after maybe rewording the question.

I'd also consider using Code Tags to present you code a little more clearly

HTH

If you do bump a post, please wait at least a couple of hours before doing it. Bumping soon after posting gets classified as harrassment. And as Michael and Mark have already pointed out, it is in your interests to make the post as clear as possible.

Place code in CODE tags, add a snapshot of the layout using Excel Jeanie, and think carefully about what the issue is, and what you would like help with. This board is manned by volunteers. Make it esay for them and they will answer your questions.

One side effect; when you take the time to lay out the post carefully, the answer sometimes occurs to you as you post it ;)

Denis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugubara

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back