Array formulas!

otisjames

Board Regular
Can anyone help me with array formulas and match formulas? I have 20 tables and want to be able to pull information from all of them to get a single result. I'm not sure if an array formula would help with this or not.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lisa

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Hullo. Well, seems to me that what you should be looking for are Queries, not array formulae. Information scattered across 20 tables generally means that the data could be normalized. Not even going there, though. :) My suggestion would be to start using the Query Design Wizard, and see what you come up with. It's not really that difficult once you start getting used to how Access displays things.

The Query Design is a graphical aide for writing SQL. For the most part, you'll never have to touch the SQL. Figure out how your tables relate to each other, and think about building some Relationships in your db. Whether or not you have Relationships, start a new Query, add the tables that you need, figure out here how your tables relate to each other, and drag down the fields you need. If you need to perform calculations, a Query is the place to do that. NEVER store a calculated field in a Table.

You can perform grouping, sorting, and filtering all with a well designed Query.

HTH (y)

P

Upvote 0
I am fairly new to the Excel program. I know how to do basic formulas but I think this is out of my range. Is there any way that you could put that into "new Excel user" language? :)

Upvote 0
Hullo. You posted your question in the Access group. I suggest you post a new question in the Excel group, as that is the program you are dealing with. :cool:

P

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nachohoyu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back