Army DA6 work schedule probably VBA

JokelesComedian

Board Regular
Hello,

I have Excel 2010 and I have a work schedule for the Army. I have it auto populate if a person is working or off based off a selectable variable. Select 5&2 and it will post 5 days working and 2 days off. The problem is we have to have a set number of people working every day so sometimes we are 3 people short for work and sometimes have too many. So far I have only functions and no VBA but I can using VBA is not a problem, I just don't know the coding that well.

The table looks something like this...

A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1 G1 H1
Johnson 2 3 4 5 X1 X2 1

The numbers show consecutive days of work and X1 is "day off 1". Each column is a day of the month and the amount of people working are added at the bottom. The amount of days the individual is added up at the end of the row.

Idealy I would like excel to balance the amount of people working and how often they work. If I say I need 20 people working every day then I would like the people that are off to be scheduled to work if need be based off the amount of days they haced worked for the month.

I dont know how to attach the document to this but I have one if need be. I dont think this can be done with excel formulas because of circular referances, but I am up for suggestions.

Thank you for your time and considerations,

Zach

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeoldeusrename

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back