ArkusM and Cornflakegirl chat

arkusM

Wondering out loud... I know there is a search feature...
However, if traffic and posts increase it may be time look at splitting the excel questions into a couple of categories to help filter the questions.
- Vb q's
- Formula q's
- Advanced formula q's
- Others?

I like to give back to the community but I have a hard time and a lack of time to go through all the new posts and contributing when/where I can. If there was a formula question sub forum then I would more likely find questions that I can answer in a shorter period of time, which benfits the OP as there customer service level increases.

Also if the post increase, I would be concerned that the ususal promptness of reply may diminish under the heavy load of questions.
Note: the Excel question posts now exceed 1.5 Million... Not to mention the folks that end up answering multiple different questions in the same post!! WOW.:eeek: At this moment the are 498 users/guests....

I love this board and would hate to see it lose its effectiveness.

Just some thoughts.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Re: Popularity Jump ??

I think I will go with the Bot theory of increased users. I was looking at the user list and sorted by activity time and the date of some of the posts. It would appear that the site is being indexed or something the odds of 13 unique guests being in 13 different posts, that range in age, at the same time would seem low.... Stats is not my thing but intuitivly it does not seem likely.

Last edited:

Um, did you actually read any of the preceding posts? :rolleyes:

Oh yeah. But, if the searches linked to the live board does indeed increase traffic, then what? Thinking out loud, thinking ahead.

I am already noticing the cumbersomeness of going through the mutiple pages of new posts a day trolling for tidbits and seeing if I can help (I have learned a lot without asking!!).
I have also noticed that when I have asked a question it ends up on the third page in less than an hour. Some Q's get answered, some don't.
Not a knock or anything, just an observation.

Um, did you actually read any of the preceding posts? :rolleyes:

Wow, I am so confused...... Head spinning, spinning spinning
Emma, I not not even realize that the thread/post had moved! :eek2:

I though I was replying to a totaly different thread!:eeek:

My posts above are totally irrelevant and I am deeply shamed...:oops:
I will shlep back into my little hole.......

Sorry all for wasting your time....

- Re: this board moves too fast -- The admins move like lighting too, wow. (good to see)

Last edited:

I didn't realise that your post had been moved either (didn't look at the title) - so I apologise for my completely unwarranted comment!

I didn't realise that your post had been moved either (didn't look at the title) - so I apologise for my completely unwarranted comment!

Don't worry, I completly understand where the mis-understanding came from. Apology accepted. No hard feelings here.

I still feel foolish however. In time like this I wish we were allowed to delete our posts. I know we can't, I know why, just sayin' in this case...
Sigh. Carry on right?!

Last edited:

:biggrin:
If it really bothers you, you could always report the post and see if whoever moved your post in the first place would graciously agree to remove the whole sorry exchange!

BTW - isn't it time for a more up-to-date piccy of your sprog?

:biggrin:
If it really bothers you, you could always report the post and see if whoever moved your post in the first place would graciously agree to remove the whole sorry exchange!

BTW - isn't it time for a more up-to-date piccy of your sprog?

I briefly thought about that... maybe now with your encouragement I will scare up some diginity to report the posts.. Thank you.

I should do a picture update, as the little guy is now 22lbs.

22lbs at 5 months! Not so little then! What are you feeding him? ;) (I think mine was around 17lbs at that age - and he was pretty huge!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GunsofBrixton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back